Hair Loss Treatment for Women
It would be an understatement to say your hair is valuable, and is perhaps the locus of your beauty and appearance. Your hair contributes significantly to your sense of self and confidence, especially as it’s one of the first things people notice about your appearance. Thus, hair loss is especially devastating amongst women for whom it can often equal loss in self-confidence.
Even though it’s not always openly discussed, women make up over 40% of the people suffering from hair loss. If you’re one of the 30 million+ women suffering from hair loss, you may wonder about your hair loss treatment options. You may even have tried several home remedies before giving up and considering medical treatment. This article discusses some of the best hair loss treatments for women, made possible by recent breakthroughs in medicine and technology.
What are the best hair loss treatment options for women?
- NeoGraft Hair Restoration: NeoGraft is an FDA-approved and nonsurgical hair loss treatment that involves no stitches or scalpels, and leads to no scars. Traditional hair transplant techniques focus on removing a strip of scalp from the back of your head to harvest the healthy hair follicles, which left you with scars. NeoGraft is a minimally invasive technology that harvests and transplants the healthy hair follicles from the back of your head without any scarring, incisions, or stitches.
- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant: ARTAS is a robot-driven hair transplant system with some of the most effective and stunning results. During the procedure, robots are used to generate a 3D model of your head, allowing the doctor to curate the ideal treatment plan. Following that, the ARTAS system is used to harvest hair follicles from the back of your head without any scars or surgical incisions. Finally, the hair follicles are planted in strategically-determined locations for natural hair growth.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) Hair Therapy: PRP refers to a blood component containing growth factors and cytokines that ensure healthy hair growth. During PRP hair therapy, blood is harvested from your body, the PRP components are isolated, and they’re injected into the scalp. This catalyzes your scalp’s ability to produce hair follicles, leading to brilliant hair density and thickness improvements.
- Low-Level Light Therapy: During low level light therapy, also called photobiomodulation, your cells and tissues are exposed to low-level red and near-infrared light. This type of light increases your body’s metabolic activity, increases the oxygen level in your blood, and helps with hair follicle regeneration, leading to gradual hair growth.
All women are different and have different hair types and properties. As such, you need a personalized treatment plan for your specific needs. PRP therapy may be a suitable treatment for individuals with newly thinning hair, while ARTAS or NeoGraft may be suitable for people with considerable baldness. Dr. Heil is ideally suited to determine the best hair treatment option for your specific needs.
Am I a good candidate for a hair transplant?
As you can see, there is a wide range of hair treatment options available, so you’re sure to qualify for at least some of them. You’re a suitable candidate for hair transplant or hair loss treatments if you have mild or severe hair loss, whether you’re suffering from recently-thinning hair or have significant balding.
However, the following are some broad guidelines to help determine if you’re a good candidate for a hair transplant:
- You’re between 25 and 65 years of age.
- You have mild or severe hair loss, i.e., you’re suffering from thinning hair, a receding hairline, or significant balding.
- You’re in general good health with a good immune system.
During your consultation, Brian Heil, MD, FACS, will carefully assess your hair quality and medical history and discuss your aesthetic goals to curate the best treatment plan for you personally.